Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me



When the clock struck 00:00, phone started ringing.... inbox filled with messages... "Happy Birthday" .



Overwhelmed with joy I was over expecting and the expectation did cross my expectations... FRIENDS arrived with cake and flowers and loads of gifts... Candles blown.. Cake Cut ... Wishing Happy Birthday... Happy and content with the things happening with me..


Then we moved to Sid's place where we all met together and I was gifted with gifts... OMG..... Gifts Gifts and Gifts... I can bet you on this that no one has received so many gifts on their birthday.... Tshirts.. Jacket.. Cap.. Back pack.. Pendant.. Shades.. We all had dinner together and had a long chat... slept late got up early morning...

Morning... Got myself a great pair of clothes for my bday... When I came into to office ... never expected it to be so good... Cubicle decorated with Red baloons and flowers and many cards wishing me Happy birthday.
Mera DM(FYI.. Delivery manager) aake puchtha hai... Did u get married... Maine kaha nai .. Its my birthday... toh woh bola.. agar tera bday hai toh itna decoration ..if it was ur marriage then... ha ha ha.. continued there...

No one's cubicle gets decorated as mine... thanks to my friends.... Phone never stopped ringing... 10 ...11....18...30... new messages... message on my mobile screen...Mails.. Scraps..tweets...

Day going well... Went to Wok with Chung with bunch of my friends at office... had my fav American Chopsuey...Finger Licking good(offcourse u have it with fork)..

Got sweets for colleagues... from karthik sweets marathalli... put up a mail( "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME" Sweets at my desk) ...Gifts never stopped coming... Friends at office got me this little brownie.. so nice of them with one candle on it... I knew that this was not my birthday cake... and then came huge cake... stating ... " Happy Birthday PRAS" Had fun... Cake Fight... Everyone one in the cafeteria covered with cake cream on their faces... Got awesome tshirt from these guys.. and chets gave me one nice UMM ( Underground Music Movement tshirt) bright tshirt.. never wore such colored one... but imp thingy is.. that tshirt looks awesome on me...

Colleagues started asking me when are u leaving office.. "Saale bday ke din office mein kyun sadh raha hain"... unke liye mera uttar tha... " Sabar ka phal meetha hota hai" Let my friends wait for me.. I went to sid place..

Surprises again.. flowers... chocloates... gifts... I was like... WTF... itne saare gifts tshirts.. ye toh mera pura saala ka wardrobe bharega...

We had nice drink and dinner at friends place.. and i am very glad that my birthday is on such a day... Next day is christmas... Everyone has off.. no US/UK/Singapore/Africa shifts chalthe ... So no bahana for guys/gals that... kal office jaana hai yaar.... We were full and off the ground....


I know that i m getting old when the only thing I want for my birthday is not to be reminded of it

Below quote would end this post with a wickedish smile on ur face..

The first sign of maturity is the discovery that the volume knob also turns to the left. -Jerry M. Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment